Pingu's All Time Favourite

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Boy Or Girl?

Saw this blog this morning, 咖啡与我 wrote about antenatal ultrasound experience. =)
Ya, patients usually anxious to find out their babies' gender, BOY or GIRL ?

I have some funny experience to share too!

#1
A young couple asking to see baby's gender.
So, I scanned through that area but cant see very well cause baby's legs are tightly closed.
So, I told the parents, "your baby is too shy, not allow us to see the private part, we cant get to know the gender.. "
U know how the mummy replied?
She said, "Oh, maybe the baby is wearing undies now. OK, we'll wait next time when he/she doing laundry, we'll check again..."
The moment I heard this, I nearly LOL.... She's so funny, this is 1st time I hear such a joke !
I wanted to faint.. hhahhaha.....

#2
A couple, G6P4A1, wanna know the gender also.
Still the same, "The baby didn't wanna open the leg for us to see."
And I ask, "What do u have at home ?" , She said, "4 girls !"
Doink~... They must be expecting smtg different for this pregnancy...
So, I look closely again, hoping to show them smtg different. But, looks like a girl too this time, but since the legs are not opened wide enough, so I didnt show them, just told them we cant see today, it's a shy baby.... hahahha....

#3
Another mummy, G3P1A1, wanna find out the gender too...
So, this time we can see clearly there's a little penis hanging there... kekkeke....
Before I show her, I ask what's her previous child ? She said a boy, and she's hoping a girl.
So I show her, this time looks like a boy too....
She said, "Oh no, U serious? " I show her, let her see herself the balls and hotdog, not burger ... LOL... (sounds like a fast food restaurant huh? u want hot dog or hamburger?)
She ask, "Oh no, it's so obvious! can we chop it off ? can we?"
Doink~ again... I nearly LoL .... what a crazy patient....

Not all parents insist want to see the gender, some insist not to know, they wanna have a surprise during the delivery. Some, very indecisive, I got 1 couple thinking/considering (asking each other,, want or not, want or not? ) for more than 5 minutes b4 deciding for me to reveal the gender or not.. they wanted a surprise, but curious to know too... just cant decide... I really beh tahan ... wasting my time there...


In Obstetric scannings, the most important is to see the growth of the fetus, and look for any structural abnormalities, any early sign of complication of the pregnancy. Gender is always the secondary issue... Plus, we always remind the patient, even if we can see the gender, we never say it's 100% accurate we just say about 80-90%.... hahah.. just for legal issue. (In case they blame us one day for buying pink clothes for their boy baby or vv.) And, they normally understand..






BOY or GIRL ?


Pingu with funny patients

3 comments:

myfertilitydiary said...

For me Boy or Gal also nevermind...as long as is my own baby.

Pingu said...

Wish u all the best in trying ..
Dun give up, go and seek for help from fertility clinics...
GOOD LUCK!

Unknown said...

Haha.. this is so funny! I remembered that my aunt.. dare not scan, fear that she dare not deliver if it's a boy again (already has 5 sons).. but in the end, another boy. ;p